We here at the Perth Games Festival know that gaming is portable, you can play anywhere, and you don’t even need a mobile phone or 3DS. However playing arcade games out and about is a tad harder so we got to thinking, Backyard.SK puts arcade games in awesome places, what if there were spaces where people could walk in, and play some of the best games Perth has to offer?
With this in mind the Perth Arcade was born. With help from our friends at Backyard.SK and the game developers from the Central Institute of Technology, arcade machines have been deployed all around town! From now until Friday the 27th of November you can hit up the State Library of Western Australia, Carpe Coffee, The Moon or The Flying Scotsman and play a range of games on arcade cabinets. And the best part is most of them require you and a friend! Gaming’s always better with friends!
So if you want to have some fun before the festival, or just want to check out something different, head along to one (or all!) of the arcade sites and enjoy! You can also share your photos with us, just use #perthgamesfest and we’ll see them!
- State Library of Western Australia
- The Moon – Late Night Cafe
- The Flying Scotsman
- Carpe Coffee Perth
The Central Institute of Technology has two standing arcade machines, one is the arcade flight game Wing Dings, the other is a selection of games from their developers. Both machines have been set up at the State Library.
- Chibi Witch – By Kirsten Mathews.
- Serpentime – By Nick Haslam, Fred Mulholland, Tayla James, Matt Halse and Jeremy Passmore.
- Tank Valley. – By Andy Hawkins, Anthony Carriero, Marcus, Nathan, Max, Kevin, Christian,Richard, Adam, Andrew K, Jacob and Graeme Harris.
- Operation P.L.A.Y.T.I.M.E – By Fred Mulholland and Matt Halse.
- Corporate Combat – By Matt Halse.
- Candy Carnage – By Max Anstie.
- InterstellarShadows – By Jacob Kling.
- Plunder – By Alex Schmidt.
- Wing Dings – By Nick Haslam and Deon Schaper.
Backyard.SK has supplied multiple cabinets in our venues, but even we’re not sure what games have been put where, so grab some friends and check them out!
- And More!
[And once again, a special thanks to our Sponsors Autodesk, City of Perth, Game City, Binary Space, Hungry Sky, Sentient Computing, the Academy of Interactive Entertainment, Surprise Attack, and FTI!]